In case you missed it!!!
Hi guys!! I finally edited this video and no matter how much I tried to cut it down, I just couldn't. This being my 3rd trip to the hospital I feel like I really have some good advice for what to bring!! I'm an overpacker by nature, but I think in this case it's ok :) I give you all possible needs as well as what the hospital will provide for you.
The most important thing to know is that you are already paying for everything in that room down to the last diaper (for $2.25!!!). I looked at my medical bill last time and was shocked!! So take everything they give you in that dang bassinets! A lot of things in there are:
Baby Onesies, T's, hats
Stuff for Mom! Pads, lidocane spray for your down there parts! Underwear, Perennial wash bottle!!!
Take it all! It's yours :) And ask for more when you leave lol
Other than that, here is the list I used to pack with.
Click on any of the items for links of where to buy!
- Birth Plan
- Insurance Card/Hospital paperwork.
- Slippers - Non Skid
- Bathing Suit
- Couple pairs of socks
- Toiletries: Face wipes
- Baby wipes
- Face lotion
- Some makeup
- Hand Sanitizer!
- Lip balm
- Hair bands
- Dry Shampoo - Batiste is my fav!
- Extra Pillow and blankets
- Cell phone/charger
- Boppy/Nursing Pillow
- A nursing bra - Wrap Top Sleep Bra
- breast pads/Nipple Cream
- Maternity underwear
- Nursing tops by Motherhood Maternity $24.95
- Fold Over Dark Yoga pants/Maternity Leggings
- A going-home outfit: Navy Blue Nursing 3 Piece Outfit by Motherhood Maternity
- Heavy flow pads
For Your Partner
- Money for parking and change for vending machines.
- A few basic toiletries, such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant.
- Toiletry kit (Walmart Travel Section)
- A change of clothes: Shirt, Shorts, Sweat Pants and Sweater. It can get really cold in the room if Mama needs the AC on!!!
- Pillow/Cozy Blanket
- Some snacks and something to read during the early stages.
- A camera/video camera and film or tape or a memory card and batteries.
- A bathing suit. If your partner wants to take a bath or shower during labor, you may want to jump in with her.
For your baby
- An infant .
- A going-home outfit
- Diaper bag
- A receiving blanket
- A pair of socks or booties
Come Gimme Some Love!
*YouTube Beauty Channel!
*My Beauty Blog!
*My Mama Blog!